Before vacating your apartment, please make certain to carefully review the checklist below. If any of these elements are not properly addressed prior to your departure, you will be liable for charges associated with repairing these items.
Disclaimer: This is a list of typical charges, not an all-inclusive list. Your account may be subject to additional charges that will apply to your individual refund accounting.
Cleaning (including, but not limited to):
- Floors (non-carpet; see note about carpet below)
- Tubs & Showers
- Vent hood (over stove)
- Window Sills
- Shelves (pantry, cupboard, laundry, bathroom, etc)
- Cupboards (bathroom and kitchen)
- Fan blades
- Microwave (if applicable)
Damage/Other Issues to Address (not an exhaustive list):
- Any damage not noted on move-in form
- Holes (causes may include mounting items to the wall, such as televisions, nail anchors from large decor, doorknob damage, moving furniture, etc.)
- Anything beyond normal wear and tear (examples include: crayon on the walls, writing on the walls, excessive scuff marks, dirt/grime, handprints, grease, stains on the carpet, tears in the flooring, etc.)
- Anything broken or missing parts
- A/C cleaning if you didn't change the filters monthly
- Keys not returned
- Missing garage remotes
- Yard maintenance (mowing, edging, weeding, overgrown plants and shrubs, dead plants)
- Pet damage
- Damaged or missing blinds
- Damaged garage door or opener
- Missing window screens
- Trash (garbage, furniture, moving supplies, "donations," junk, etc. Please be certain to remove all trash from the home itself, as well as outdoor areas)
- Missing or burned out lightbulbs
- Missing towel bars or rings
- Missing toilet paper holders
- Smoke detector batteries
- Missing or removed smoke detectors
- Unpaid utility bills
Please Note: If you had a pet, DO NOT have the carpets cleaned. We are required by law to have it done, regardless of whether or not you have paid to do so. We will schedule to have it completed and it will be billed to your security deposit.
Paint Note: Please do not attempt to touch up paint. If the end result is not the exact same color and finish, you could be liable for the cost of a more extensive paint bill to fix the touch up. Please keep in mind that even if paint was left at the property, it will not be the same color as the walls, due to the elements and aging.